Saturday 22 September 2007

Happy Birthday My Darling

My baby is FOUR years old today and I'm on top of the world. Senior boy is my 1st child and 1st son and cos of my position in the extended family he is the 1st Great Grandchild of the Patriarchs and Matriarchs. My maternal Grandmother who raised me ( yes o I be village chick) died a couple of days after I found out I was pregnant.I cried more from the thot that she will never get to hold my child after all her prayers were answered NONE of us will have to deal with infertility.( story for another day)

The pregnancy was pure bliss and everybody was carrying the baby with me. My Dad almost became a permanent fixture in our house.Showing up in Lagos at the drop of a hat and reporting back to my Mum every thing he noticed. She is not gaining weight , the tummy isn't big,she is overworking herself, her feet seem swollen, she should be due by now. The craziness went on and on and believe it they were with DH on the phone all through the delivery. Senior Boy gave his grand entrance at 3.25am turned my life around. I have experienced all extremes of emotions in the past 4 years. Love unstoppable, Fear indescribable,Joy Unfounded,and the pain and the tears but through it all I couldn't have asked for a better you. You are just right for me.

The tribe celebrated his birth is so many ways. My parents had a party even before the naming. The Patriarch sent 40 tubers of yam from 3 states away for the Naming. DH was embarrassed by the way my folks took over the whole show. I'm sure he is used to our Drama and execessiveness now after 5 years and 2 namings.

Right from then I knew without a doubt that you are destined from GREATNESS. You brought with you immerse goodwill and favour for the family. You are loved and adored by many. You have growth is amazing your vocabulary is rather colourful. Your love for music is inspiring and the way you love me is like no one else.You talk so much its irritating but who is complaining I haven't stopped talking too.

Even though these are still the early days I 'm proud of your achievements. I remember the 1st time you counted to 10. Now you can do much more than that. You are so bright and excited about learning I'm comforted that all the sacrifices is worth it. You are a natural leader and you love your brother even when Old man makes it hard for you to love him.( Like when he wants to play with your toys or when I insist you let him have the toys so he doesn't have a fit) I remember you asking me is everything for Old man now? Are you asking me to give him so he wont cry? You will fight for him and you defend him fiercely even when he has made you cry.

My son, my heir I'm proud of you . I thank God for your life. I ask the most Benevolent to give me all I need to raise you to be the man you have being created to be. Love you my Senior Boy. i don't know it all and believe me I wish there was a Manual but I'm willing to learn and hope that I don't make so many mistakes. I hope you never have any doubts about my love and devotion to you.I'm so looking forward to the teenage years with fear and trembling.

Happy Birthday my boy and Yes I can buy a bicycle but I wont.

5 comments:

Uzo said...

amazingly beautiful...you are blessed....

Nonesuch said...

@ Uzo Thanks a lot.I agree I'm blessed howbeit hard to acknowledege at times.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Awwww, senior boy is my birthday mate!!! This post is so touching! May God bless senor boy and may His grace follow him all the days of his life... He shall be a voice in his generation and the Lord will lead him aright...All these I pray for him and more...God bless you!

ababoypart2 said...

Happy Birthday in arrears - Senior Boy. Loved the post, you are blessed

Nonesuch said...

@Ababoypart2 Thank you